1. Get Subversion sources from here:
2. Unpack it:
tar zxvf subversion_1.5.0dfsg1.orig.tar.gz
3. Get the needed dependencies packages:
apt-get install libapr1-dev
apt-get install libaprutil1-dev
4. Install Subversion 1.5:
./configure --enable-javahl --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/
5. Specify where Eclipse can find the new java classes you just installed (I have wrapped this in a shell script, but you can also put this in eclipse.ini):
/some/path/eclipse -vmargs -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib
6. Add Polarion SVN connector weekly update site:
7. Add Subversive weekly update site:
8. Install Subversive and your Native JavaHL Connector for Subversion 1.5 through the update tool in Eclipse.
I hope I didn't miss anything important, since I wrote this after I successfully got it all installed.